8/4/14

Sauted Kale

Y'all.  I know that kale is hipper than bacon and cupcakes combined and you've probably had it a million different ways by now.  Chips, hummus, hell maybe you've had it baked into a cupcake topped with bacon.  Served it with a side of kale hummus or something crazy-town like that. 

But if you haven't tried this super simple presentation of it I suggest that you do.  I used red kale, the recipe called for young kale.  I'm not kale-skilled enough to know the difference so whatevs.  I originally got this bunch of kale to use for salads but like many of my best laid plans.....that one fell off to the wayside.  No fear, dudes, as I decided to enjoy this kale sauteed up next to parmesan catfish (recipe forthcoming) and homemade risotto (not even a little worth it).  Enjoy!
Sauteed Kale
from Food Network

1 head of kale, roughly chopped
2 tbl olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/2 cup of vegetable broth
2 tbl red wine vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste

Heat the olive oil in a large pan (make sure you've got a lid!) and add the garlic.  Cook the garlic until fragrant but not until it's turning any colors.  

Add in the broth and the kale, toss to get it all coated. Crank up the heat to high and cover.  Cook for five minutes.  

Uncover and season with salt and pepper.  Add in the vinegar and give it a good toss.      

**I didn't calculate the points on this one but I'd probably say that it's about 2 points for 1/4 of the recipe since it's got the olive oil in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment